As we get closer to the holidays, I thought I would highlight some of the NRW’s businesses. They’re a good source when thinking of gifts for the family.
Michelle studied sculpture at Limerick School of Art & Design in Ireland. After graduating, she lived in Botswana, Prague, Budapest, Seoul, and Konigstein Im Taunus before moving to the area in 2011.
She’s actively involved in the local art community – and she’s also looking for help from readers (more information below.) Let’s see what inspires Michelle’s creativity.
How did you get started sculpting?
My mother would say …” Michelle has always loved playing with mud”. From a very young age I had a big interest in art. I studied sculpture in college and later art teaching, and I have always made art. While at college I became interested in working with clay and over the years I have continued to practice and learn new ceramic techniques.
What made you want to start selling your work?
Where do you find your inspiration?
What other places do you enjoy visiting within the NRW?
What should people know if they want to order something from you?
I have a gallery of work in my studio, any interested clients can contact me via email and we can arrange a time for viewing work or discussing commissions. In the gallery space are a selection of Christmas decorations, vases, spoon rests etc…contact me and come and have a look. Customized pieces -Name plates, Mini Memories. These individual artworks can take between 6-8 weeks to complete…they need to dry very slowly to avoid warping.
Contact Michelle and more information
- You can talk to Michelle directly and look at more work through her email (email@example.com), website, and facebook site.
- Michelle will be selling items at the International School of Düsseldorf’s International Fair on 4 December, 1500 – 1630.
- The “glauben” exhibit details: Dates: 23.2. – 13.3. 2015 – Alte Kirche Niedernhausen. www.zak-niedernhausen.de.
Michelle, thank you for taking the time to share your work and process with us. And readers, don’t forget to get in touch with Michelle if you know a good NRW venue for the “glauben” exhibition.
(Photo credit: Michelle Gallagher)
More from the series Meet an NRWer – support our locals!:
- Meet an NRWer: Claudia from Stella & Dot
- Meet an NRWer: Ken from Scentsy
- Meet an NRWer: Michelle from Michelle Gallagher Artworks <– You are here!
- Meet an NRWer: Sandy from Second Hand Daisy
- Meet an NRWer: Sarah from Frilly Designs