I’ve lived in Essen for over 4 years. I’ve done some travel around here, but a few months ago I realized I wanted more. I wanted to see more of the NRW. I searched for one on-line resource that listed touristy activities I could enjoy with my family. I didn’t find one. So, I made one. Welcome!
So, what’s going on around here anyway?
Listings and reviews
The heart of this website is the list of those touristy sites. The soul is the reviews. Who writes the review? Anyone that’s registered on the site, has been to one of the places listed, and wants to write about it. This includes me, hopefully you, and maybe even your neighbor.
When it’s time to pick some place I want to go next weekend – I want to hear what people who live here think. Why? Because you know better than anyone else.
Also – at the time of this post I almost 50 sites listed here. I have over 80 sites waiting to be uploaded, and I’m sure many more that I have yet to discover. I’ll be uploading a few more each week, they take time. If you know of something that isn’t here, let me know. I’ll get it here as soon as I can.
While researching the places to see in the NRW I’ve discovered something. A lot of somethings, actually. This state is fascinating. There are many different stories to be told and I am using the blog to tell some of those stories. It’s stuff like historical and cultural tidbits, people and business profiles, fun resources, and recipes.
Anyone notice how there’s always something going on? A kirmes, a special day to ride a steam train, a Christmas Market? Sign up for our newsletter to find about these things in advance.
We’re there. We have a small presence on facebook and twitter, though this can change at any time. And if you haven’t noticed, we have this fun thing for Instagram. Tag your photos around the NRW with #bellenrw – and I’ll repost our favorites. (Hint: search that hashtag for pictures around the state.)
- Bookmark this site to your favorites and refer to the list on the homepage whenever you’re thinking of what you can do next weekend.
- Register to the site so that you can leave your review of the different places you’ve been. The site is only as strong as the reviews left by the community.
- Sign up for the newsletter (registering to the site does not automatically do that for you) so that you can be kept up to date on the latest events happenings.
- If there’s an attraction missing from the list, let me know.
- Subscribe to the blog and learn more about where we live.
- Tell your friends, neighbors, and favorite expat.
- Let me know if there’s anything you need to know.